Friday, October 9, 2009

Entryways / Mudrooms

Hello again!

In trying to get myself a bit more inspired about what to do regarding my entryway, I've been browsing online photos of mudrooms.   In case you are wondering what the heck I'm talking about, check out my previous post.

Now, I do not want to turn this entire room into a mudroom exactly, but perhaps a small aspect of it could be incorporated.

Here - take a look for yourself what some other creative types have done...



~ Photo courtesy of Better Homes & Gardens ~




This photo above shows just a portion of a room being used as a "mudroom" area.   This is probably something I could incorporate into the entryway, without overwhelming it with muddiroom-ness.



~ Photo courtesy of BHG ~

The above is a bit overwhelmed by mudroom-ness.   And don't get me wrong - I think it's very nice and this is a perfect solution for a big family with lots of busy kids.   It would also be perfect near a backdoor.   I could not keep an area this open neat enough I don't think.   It would just be messy and make me anxious everytime I walked through my door!



~ From Woodworkers.Org ~

The above piece is also a great solution for those short on space.  I'd probably like some more baskets above the top shelf as well, but it would be a great place to hang a coat, a couple bags, and the shoes I mentioned in my prior post could hideaway very nicely in the baskets underneath!




The space above (also from BHG) is dressed up a bit by the curved lines above it.  A pretty detail such as this would make almost any clutter look prettier!





I just LOVE the colors used in the photo above.  A very nice change from the ordinary.




Same for this one.   I think it's my favorite.  It's small enough to not look entirely out of place in my entry.   Love the colors, Love the baskets, Love the bench, Love the decorative fruit and I especially love the little dog!  He certainly looks pretty cozy.




Now something like this is an idea I'd be likely to incorporate also.   I can see using a hopechest as well.   Hmmm.... wonder if hubby would mind if I redid the one he gave me???




And how do you like the above solution!???  Using the space underneath the stairs for some storage!!!  I actually like this last option so much that I am going to look more closely at our own "space under the stairs" and see if anything similar could work out.  

So that is pretty much all I have to say about Entryways and Mudrooms for the time being.   I will follow up at some point with an After photo or two.

Next week I have plans to "introduce" you all to my kitchen and my living room - Stay Tuned!!!!!

Say What???   If you guys have any ideas for me at all about decorating my entry way - I would LOVE to hear them!   Sometimes a "fresh" pair of eyes is really all you need.

Have a great weekend - Thanks For Stopping By!


Smiles and Hugs,
Joyce

7 comments:

  1. if you're on more of a budget, like I was, you can do a variation of what I did.

    http://designa-peele.blogspot.com/2009/09/new-look-for-mudroom.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane @ Finding FabulousOctober 9, 2009 at 2:55 PM

    Ahhh, I love the storage in those mudrooms! We put slate in our mud room, but are lacking storage space. Now you've got me thinking about storage solutions. Hey, Friday's are Frugaliciou$ Friday's over at Finding Fabulous...I hope you can come join the party today! And feel free to link up an oder post too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you also Jane! I'm trying to find a link to get to you, but am not having much luck! LOL I'll get there I"m sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the ones that have used some unexpected color, too... although that might be a harder look if you're not dedicating an entire room to this feature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no mudroom and a small entryway with 4 kids coming and going....I've fiddled around with hooks and benches and baskets, but nothing has seemed to work. I've decided to make our tiny formal dining room (which we never use) into the mudroom as it's just off the entryway and connects to the kitchen. I'll be watching to see what you come up with!
    peace~
    cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful, Joyce. I wish we had a mudroom.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how I wish I had a mudroom. Alas, no "room" for one! LOL! Thanks for sharing these beautiful inspiration photos! I'm hosting a giveaway at my blog of genuine Cross Bottles valued at $175. It ends Monday, so hurry over. I think you'll love them!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say for yourself???

Blog Widget by LinkWithin