Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall Swag on the Cheap

Hi again.





I've been browsing through catalogs and online lately and drooling over some of the gorgeous and adorable fall wreaths and swags that are out there.   Unfortunately, like my pottery barn issue that you can read about here, I do not have the kind of budget  at the moment ever to spend more than $100 on something pretty.  I decided to make my own!   With my own hands


These are not actually my hands.  My own have not seen a manicure that lasts more than 1 day since about 1993.  Aren't they lovely though, whomever they belong to?


Actually - what I really did was DISsassemble a few old and gawdy things that I already have and then re-assemble them in a more pleasing (to me anyways) way.




A few berries from another wreath



A cute and cheap plastic pumpkin "thing" from the Christmas Tree Shop




Some twiny ribbon that wrapped up a box of potpourri at one point


And.....



Tada!

I think he's pretty cute to be honest.    I basically just attached all this with some craft wire and alot of glue to a branch form that I had lying around from something.   Most of it was actually just kind of stuck into the branches with a prayer that it will not fall out.    That way, I figure I can dissassemble the whole thing AGAIN and make something else when it's winter!  The plaid bowlike thing you see is just some fabric that I had left from another project.

Here it is again..


Hanging on a wall in my hallway



Hanging on the back of my office door



Hanging on my front door which is actually NOT white and I don't know why it looks to be in this photo

and




....... taking a rest on my old beat up rocking chair because he's tired from all that moving around.  Okay. Yes.  I'll stop now.

This whole thing took about 1/2 hour from start to finish and I didn't have to spend a dime!

Leave a comment and let me know about something YOU made from "lost treasures" kicking around your place!


Smiles and Hugs,
Joyce

6 comments:

  1. He is very cute! I loved the picture of him in the rocking chair. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!! I'm posting a wall hanging tomorrow with some Jenni Bowlin bingo cards. And I'll be "repurposing" some things for our fall decorations, too. I just found something on clearance at Target for 2 bucks that I'll be turning into fall decor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You go girl! I'm going NUTS lately painting every old thing in sight. Hubby is next I think. Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! I know I could 'show and tell' something around here... But What?? Ah, well, just recently, I re-made a shadow box, but, in my excitement didn't take a before picture. But I like to re make all sorts of 'junk' into centerpieces mostly. Doesnt it make you feel great to re-do something, totally love it, and not spend a dime?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute!
    I love to disassemble/reassemble. Very satisfying :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say for yourself???

Blog Widget by LinkWithin