Thursday, September 17, 2009

Who Decorates Your Life?

It's really not all about decorating our homes - It's about those who decorate our lives.

I was reminded of this (again) earlier this evening.  Coming home from my *real* job to a very very VERY messy house, a five year old with a fudgecicle colored face and a hungry husband put me in a bit of a foul mood.   Top that off with a case of PMS, and you get one unhappy momma.



Anyways, I ended up spending about 4 seconds asking my daughter about school, I proceeded to try to straighten up the living room, organize the kitchen counters, get a quick dinner ready, get school stuff packed for the next day - when a little voice stopped me.  My little one - Nicole (you can read more about her here) - wanted to show me the "artwork" she had done earlier that day.  I'm going to take a guess and figure that most of you know how much artwork a small child creates.  I really REALLY didn't want to stop what I was doing, so I managed to put her off for another few minutes.  But she's pretty relentless.  

I finally followed her back to what she wanted to show me (it was in her Hannah Montana folder, which is only for SUPER IMPORTANT papers) and this is what I found..........


It reads "I  L U MoM".
Stopped me right in my tracks, I tell ya.   And, needless to say, we spent the rest of the evening reading, snuggling and playing restaurant.   The house can wait until tomorrow.
I  L U too sweetie.


Smiles and Hugs,
Joyce

1 comment:

  1. Housework waits; children don't! You are very smart to recognize that. What an adorable little girl! Enjoyed my first visit!

    ReplyDelete

What do you have to say for yourself???

Blog Widget by LinkWithin