Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Window Mistreatment #1

Anybody heard about Window MisTreatments?     This is just about the World's Most Perfect Idea for somebody like me who is both frugal cheap and can't sew for crap inexperienced with a needle and thread....

This is certainly not my original idea, although I've been mistreating for a while WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING.   :)   It's been done long before me, and it's also been done way better.  But all in all, I don't think this came out bad for a virgin!

BEFORE

Started out with my pretty red and white toile, which I really like, but it needed something MORE somehow
AFTER

Added a couple of old hooks that I found (painted black - check back for more on my Love Affair With Black Paint) and screwed them right into the wall.
Actually,  if you look closely, you will see that this took a few tries - there are now many, many tiny little holes in my woodwork.  But that's okay.  Just Don't Tell My Husband  :)
And the best part is:   The additional fabric covers it right up!
Added some pretty trim along the bottom (this might not have been my first choice to be honest, but I am very impatient as well as frugal cheap.   :)  I think it's kinda cute though.
Okay, so close up, it might look like a big ol' mess, but who is going to be looking THAT closely at the piece of trim that is along the bottom of your curtain?   And if somebody DOES, do you really want that weirdo in your house?!?
The Final Product again



The term "mistreatment" was shamelessly stolen by myself from the lovely Nester.   You have to go check out Nesting Place blog http://nestingplacenc.blogspot.com/ if you have not already done so.   Like I said before, alot of women (and maybe a couple of men?) have done this, but I haven't found anybody with such entertaining and, most importantly, INSPIRING descriptions and photos!   Plus, rumor has it that the Nester can do this wearing heels.   If that's not reason enough to love her, I don't know what is. 

It's a fun and inexpensive way to dress up a room.   I don't know about you, but I get incredibly bored with my home every now and again.   It's great to have this as a back up plan.   You really don't have to spend a ton of money on designer window treatments.   Do them yourself!!    YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO SEW!!!!!!!  

I'll be posting some more ideas along with instructions on how I managed them shortly.

Stay tuned - I have lot's of other mistreatments planned, for here................
and here.....
and maybe here...........


......Scrawled out by the Cheap Gal

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you have to say for yourself???

Blog Widget by LinkWithin